- Research emerging technology
- Research and assess new legislation and regulations to assess impact on government and the wider industry
- Document integration business requirements to meet un or under-serviced market problems
- Review functional system and integration requirements to ensure a fit into documented business requirements
- Participate in system evaluation to provide specialist feedback
- Assess an organisations long term requirements based on user adoption and develop maturity models
- Research and prepare papers to deliver at seminars on emerging trends and their likely impact or records and information technologies
A Day in the Life
A day typically sees me researching emerging technology, its capabilities and mapping standards to assess likely impacts on an organisation, its practice, and the software products in use. My role demands a broad knowledge of information management (records management, web content management, enterprise content management) and a strong grasp of the underlying information technology environment. I spend a lot of time researching, documenting, reviewing, assessing and reporting on current and future trends and their potential impact or influence on current systems. I am also often asked to present on these trends at seminars and conferences which means that public speaking and travel form a solid component of my job.
Training and Further Study
Requires knowledge equal with a minimum 10 years on the job training in the information industry and a Bachelor Degree in an Information or Business discipline Also requires a consistent ongoing commitment to your own professional development.