Who are RIM Professionals Australasia?
Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia (RIM Professionals Australasia) is the peak professional Association for the records and information management industry in Australasia.
Established in 1969 (and formerly known as Records Management Association of Australasia (RMAA) having changed our company name in 2011) we represent over 3,000 records and information management professionals with Branches across Australia and New Zealand, as well as a Chapter in Malaysia.
RIM Professionals Australasia, as the largest Association for records and information management professionals in Oceania, is the source for professionals to develop and utilise their skills and experience to leverage the value of records as corporate assets and as evidence of business activities. As companies and government agencies worldwide seek to comply with regulations and improve business processes, they need an association to empower them with the knowledge and resources necessary to make informed decisions.
That’s us! For more than 40 years RIM Professionals Australasia has worked to advance records and information management professionals through the provision of sound information resources, superior education, quality training and global networking.
Who can become a member?
Just about anyone with an interest in the records and information management field.
RIM Professionals Australasia’s 3,000 plus members range from students and individuals to corporations and vendors (eg software suppliers, consultants, stationery supplies, educators, storage providers, etc).
Members are represented in all industries including local, state and commonwealth government, health, legal, education, pharmaceutical, insurance, primary industry and the private sector.
Benefits of Membership
As well as offering a vast community of knowledgeable practitioners generously sharing their experiences, RIM Professionals Australasia offers many opportunities to its members, including:
- Free subscription to iQ magazine, the RIM Professionals Australasia’s peer reviewed quarterly publication, including 25 years of electronic iQ back articles
- Free electronic copy of iRMA (Information and Records Management Annual), which contains substantial and peer reviewed case studies and articles too long to appear in iQ, including electronic back issues since 2007.
- Convention papers and presentations since 2000
- Seminar papers and newsletters from RIM Professionals Australasia Branches
- Survey and online poll results
- Resource library of templates and tools from RIM Professionals Australasia Members
- Discounts prices for attending RIM Professionals Australasia events including the annual convention inForum
- Discounts on purchase posters, brochures and publications
- Lively community Mailing List and online Forum
- Continuing Professional Development scheme
- Professional Recognition through Grants and Awards
- Professional Recognition through Professional Status Upgrades
Where can I find more information?
For more information about RIM Professionals Australasia and our initiatives you can visit any of these websites: